Top 10 World-Class Dive Destination of the Philippines
Philippines is one of the dive paradise haven in the world. Because the 7,101 islands Philippines is sourround by crystal blue water, it has many dive sites that tourist can visit and explore the thrills of the deep sea. Divers around the world was so amazed of the dive sites here in the country that they keep on returning to back to dive. The Philippine waters is full of colorful, exotic and different underwater wildlife that divers around the world would like to explore.
Philippines is located in the center of the coral triangle which boasts of the most biodiversity and marine-rich waters on earth. Because of this, Philippines is called as Asia’s Dive Capital according to the Department of Tourism. Philippines is known to the world to have more than 500 coral species and more than 2,000 species of exotic marine fish in the world.
Philippines has many dive sites, here the popular world-class dive destinations that divers around the world always visit.
1. Anilao: This dive spot is the favorite diving destination of local divers that came from Manila. Because this is very close to Manila, it became the weekend paradise. Anilao dive site is located at the southeast tip of Batangas.
2. Coron Bay: This dive destination is located in Busuanga island, Palawan and is also the home of the wreck Japanese World War Ships. This is also the one of the best wreck dive site in the world. In the waters of coran Bay, you will find limestone walls which rise to heights of 22 meters offering a spectacular view above and below water.
3. Moalboal: This dive spot is located in Cebu. Moalboal boasts the Pescador and Sunken Islands where it is one o the favorites of the underwater photographers, divers and snorkelers. Moalboal has a beautiful reek that it house beautiful marine life such as eagle rays, turtles, devil fish, white tips, moray eels and etc.
4. Puerto Galera: This dive destination has the most beautiful natural harbor in the world. Puerto Galera is known as the Pearl of Mindoro. Puerto Galera has world-beach resorts, coral reefs and beautiful dive sites.
5. Apo Reef: This dive destination is located in the west coast of the island of Mindoro. Apo reef has an amazing drop-offs and walls. Divers love to dive in this site because has an excellent visibility and is good for photography. Here at Apo Reef, you will find big school of fish like tuna, barracuda, trevally, hammerheads, white and black tip reef sharks, manta, eagle and sting rays, and turtles.
6. Malapascua: This dive destination is also the home of the world-famous beach resorts. Malapascua has beautiful coral gardens and excellent dive spots. If you would like to see thresher shark everyday then Malapascua will not disappoint you.
7. Tubbataha Reef National Marine Park: This marine park is located in the southeast of Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. Tubbataha Reef National Marine Park is listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site. This marine park is composed of two beautiful reef systems – the North Reef and the South Reef. You can see rare species of endangered sea turtles as well as rare species of exotic fish.
8. Apo Island: This dive destination is the most populous and diverse aquatic ecosystem in the world. This ecosystems was replicated at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago on a 27,000 sq. ft. area costing million. Apo Island is located in Negros Oriental.
9. Balicasag Island: This dive site destination is located in Bohol. This island is surrounded by coral reef that it is good for diving and snorkeling. There is a marine sanctuary at the southern side of the island and you can see soft and hard corals there. You find exotic marine life such as anemone, crinoids, sponges, barracuda, jacks and etc.
10. Subic Bay: This dive destination is one of the best wreck dive site in Asia. It has 25 Japanese war ships that sunk during World War II. Subic Bay is best for wreck divers.
You might find these articles interesting too: