Written on March 25, 2009 – 4:27 am | by Newsman |
Philippine Dish: Beef Sinigang sa Kamias
Tenderizing the beef in a long, slow simmer makes the broth tastier.
Takes 1 and a half to 2 hours
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Beef Sinigang sa Kamias Ingredients
- 1 kilo beef short ribs
- 1/2 kilo kamias
- 9 to 10 cups water with hugas bigas (from washed rice)
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bundled kangkong
- 1 bundle sitaw, cut 1 and 1/2 inched long
- 1 piece talong (eggplant), cut 1 and 1/2 inched long
- 2 pieces gabi, peeled and quartered
Beef Sinigang sa Kamias Cooking Instructions
- Place kamias in a medium size pot and cover with water. Boil until kamias softens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Scoop boiled kamias from with the back of a sandok, back into the pot of water. Set broth aside.
- In a large stockpot, place beef short ribs and a cover with water and hugas bigas. Add tomatoes, onion, salt, and kamias broth and let boil. Simmer on low heat until meat is tender, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Add gabi and cook until tender. Put in the rest of the vegetables until cooked.
- Season with patis. Add some sliced kamias right before serving.
You might find these articles interesting too: