Mount Kanlaon Philippines Adventure Travel Package Tour
Climb to the Sacred Volcano of Sugarlandia
Mount Kanlaon in Canlaon City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Another must-see when one is in Oriental Negros is the highest peak in Central Philippines, Mt. Kanlaon. With a summit elevation of 8,088 feet or about 2,465 meters and a base diameter of 30 kilometers, Mt. Kanlaon is located in Canlaon City, 165.7 kilometers away from Dumaguete City. It is one of the most active volcanoes in the country and is part of the Negros Volcanic Belt. Also Called Cuernos de Negros or Horns of Negros, it is dotted with pyroclastic cones and craters. The summit of Mt. Kanlaon contains a broad elongated northern caldera with a crater lake. A small but more active crater lies in the south.
Mt. Kanlaon of Canlaon City, Negros Oriental, Philippines is considered as a sacred Volcano in Sugarlandia. This mountain/volcano is an abode of the gods worshipped by ancient inhabitants. Mt. Kanlaon is one of the popular and favorite destination in the Philippines for people who love to climb mountains or volcanos and people who love nature. Mount Kanlaon is the favorite destinations for mountaineering, trekking, camping, research and bird watching.
Mt. Kanlaon also hosts many waterfalls including the two waterfalls of Sudlon and the Quipot Falls. It has three hot springs on its slopes – the Mambucal Hot Springs on the northwest, the Bucalan Hot Springs, Bungol Hot Springs. Its adjacent volcanic edifices are Mt. Silat and Mt. Mandalagan in the north.
Mt. Kanlaon sits on the expansive grounds of the Mt. Kanlaon National Park. The park is an undisturbed natural and historical trasure that has evolved for more than a million years. There are more than 40 kilometers of foot trails on the park, and most of the trails lead up to the mountain’s summit. The shortest route is the eight-kilometer Masulog trail. The Ara-al and Mapot trails could take up to a day while the Wasay trail, which is the longest route, allows trekkers to delve deep into the wilderness before reaching the summit in two days.
A typical trek takes about 3 to 4 days, giving adventure tourists enough time to see Buslogan and Oro waterfalls, the Samok lagoon and the Margaha valley. You may choose the Mambukal mountain Resort in Murcia of the Guintubdan summit trail as your jump-off points in climbing Mt. Kanlaon
Mount Kanlaon is derived from the Visayan work “ka,” which means “for” and “Laon.” Laon is the name of an ancient Hiligaynon goddess. During pre-Hispanic times, the natives worshipped her as their supreme ruler. In ancient times, native priests known as babaylan would climb up the mountain to do rituals and hold special ceremonies.
Inclusion in the Mount Kanlaon Adventure Travel Package Tour:
- Facilitation of Equipment Rental
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- We require 25% DOWNPAYMENT for the confirmation of your booking.
- The 25% DOWNPAYMENT is strictly non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The fees and charges of bank remittances or Paypal payments charged to the sender for sending money to our account must be paid by the sender. Etravel Pilipinas will only pay the receiving cost of the transferred payments charged to our bank or by our Paypal account.
- Deadline for FULL PAYMENT is 7 days before your tour schedule. Important: Failure to pay before the deadline will automatically cancel your booking confirmation.
- CANCELLATION: Should you wish to cancel your trip, a written notification is required.
- CANCELLATION made before 14 days of your tour schedule is 50% refundable of the full price.
- CANCELLATION made in less than 14 days of your tour schedule is strictly non-refundable. (Your hotel bookings, airport transfers are paid in advance.)
- We reserve the right to change the price on the tour package without notice should fluctuations occur in boat, air, land, fuel costs or currency rates. However, we will honor the price stated in your invoice once you have paid the tour package in full.
- The information you will give is HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL to us. We assure the safety of your personal information. No other parties can gain access or benefit from your personal information.
- Payment of the tour package is only made through bank to bank transfer or credit card. Credit card payments is subject to 5% surcharge.