Boracay is one of the Philippines’ premier destinations for tourists and locals alike. With its alluring white sand beaches, crystal clear waters and hospitable people, Boracay has been on the list of most visited tourist destinations in the Philippines and all over the world.
Boracay is located in the Western Visayas region 2 kms off the northwest tip of Panay Island. It is administered by the provincial government of Aklan as well as the Department of Tourism. It is comprised of three barangays namely, Manoc-Manoc, Balabag and Yapak. Boracay is very famous for being one of the top destinations for relaxation, tranquility and nightlife. Travel + Leisure international travel magazine awarded Boracay as the Best Island for 2012.
There are only two types of season in the island, the Amihan and the Habagat. Amihan is the cool northeast wind while Habagat is the southwest wind. The switch in the seasons can be noted through the switch in the wind direction. However, no matter what the climate is, one can always find fun things to do in Boracay.
Tourism is at its highest during the Amihan season and favors Boracay’s White Beach area which is the main tourism area where the water is crystal clear and glassy-smooth. However, the other side of the island where the other tourist-concentrated area is is not at a loss because it is the time for windsurfing, kite boarding and kite surfing. Visitors and vacationers can engage in scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, kite boarding/kite surfing, cliff diving and of course, lounging by the beach with dips in the clear water. There is also an 18-hole par 72 golf course that is designed by Graham Marsh.
In terms of accommodation, Boracay can give any place a run for their money. There are many beach resorts that are lined up along the beach that offers over 3,000 rooms. These rooms range from the budget-friendly to the lavish five-star ones. Aside from the wide range of accommodation, there is also a wide range of restaurants, bars, restos, pubs and nightclubs to choose from for wining and dining. These places serves many dishes that ranges from the international cuisine to the native dishes that are loved by the tourists and local alike.
Activities and events in Boracay are scheduled all year through. One event during the Amihan season is the Boaracay International Funboard Cup which is an Asian Windsurfing Tour. Another event is the mini Ati-Atihan Festival held every second or third week of January. The annual dragon boat race under the promotion of the Philippine Dragon Boat Federation is held every summer. This event draws local teams as well as international teams. The long-running Boracay Open Asian Beach Ultimate Tournament which is and ultimate frisbee tourney is held during summer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- We require 25% DOWNPAYMENT for the confirmation of your booking.
- The 25% DOWNPAYMENT is strictly non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The fees and charges of bank remittances or Paypal payments charged to the sender for sending money to our account must be paid by the sender. Etravel Pilipinas will only pay the receiving cost of the transferred payments charged to our bank or by our Paypal account.
- Deadline for FULL PAYMENT is 7 days before your tour schedule. Important: Failure to pay before the deadline will automatically cancel your booking confirmation.
- CANCELLATION: Should you wish to cancel your trip, a written notification is required.
- CANCELLATION made before 14 days of your tour schedule is 50% refundable of the full price.
- CANCELLATION made in less than 14 days of your tour schedule is strictly non-refundable. (Your hotel bookings, airport transfers are paid in advance.)
- We reserve the right to change the price on the tour package without notice should fluctuations occur in boat, air, land, fuel costs or currency rates. However, we will honor the price stated in your invoice once you have paid the tour package in full.
- The information you will give is HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL to us. We assure the safety of your personal information. No other parties can gain access or benefit from your personal information.
- Payment of the tour package is only made through bank to bank transfer or credit card. Credit card payments is subject to 5% surcharge.