Sixth President of the Republic of the Philippines
April. 17, 1948 - December 30, 1953
Date of Birth: November 16,1890
Place of Birth: Vigan, llocos Sur
Father: Mariano Quirino
Mother: Gregoria Rivera
Espouse: Alicia Syquia
Children: Armando, Norma and Fe
Date of Death: February 29, 1955
Place of Death: Novaliches, Quezon City
Age at Death: 65
Elementary and Secondary
• Mababang Paaralan ng Aringay, La Union
• Mataas no Paaralan ng San Fernando, La Union
• Mataas na Paaralan ng Vigan, llocos Sur
• Mataas na Paaralan ng Maynila
• Bachelor of Law, Law Center, University of the
• Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, Pamantasan ng Maynila
(April 17, 1948)
• Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, University of the
Philippines (February 12, 1949)
• Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, Fordham University, New
York (Agosto 12, 1949)
IMPORTANT NOTES IN HISTORY
- Was called
Architect of National Economy.
- Worked as an
employee at the Manila Police Department to -finance
- Worked at the
Bureau of Land.
secretary of President Quezon, Commissioner of the
Philippines and Senate.
representative of llocos Sur in the National Assembly.
of the Philippines in the International Bar Conference
in Peking, China in 1921.
- Twice elected
as senator (1925 and 1945).
Secretary of Finance during the time of Quezon.
Secretary of Foreign Affairs, during the Commonwealth.
- Served in the
Presidency due to the sudden demise of President Roxas
- Took oath as
President on April 17, 1948.
- During his
reign, former First Lady Aurora Aragon Quezon was
ambushed and killed by the Huk.
- Regained the
peace and order of the country due to the defeat of
- During his
reign, the Central Bank of the Philippines was